Please read this policy to understand what information may be collected, how it will be used, and what choices you have regarding the use and sharing of that information when using Global Soft Technologies’ sites, including those at okanaganlist.ca and okanaganlist.com (the “Sites”).
I. Types of information we collect and how we use it.
1. Email addresses and related information
2. Cookies and web beacons
When you visit the Sites, cookies and web beacons will be used as follows:
A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of your computer’s hard disk so that the website can remember who you are/recognize your computer.
A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
* access your information when you “sign in” so we can provide you with customized content or remember the last page you visited;
* keep track of preferences you specify while you are using any of our products or services;
* display the most appropriate advertising banners and content, based on your interests and activity;
* provide general internal analytics;
* conduct research to improve any of our marketing content, products and services;
* support security measures such as requiring re-logging into one of our products or services after a certain amount of time has elapsed;
* assist in identifying possible fraudulent activities.
You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. If you reject all cookies, your use of any of our marketing products or services on the Sites or Global Soft Technologies domains outside of the Sites that require you to “sign in,” may be unstable or inconsistent with the user experience intended, and you may not be able to take full advantage of all offerings.
(b) Web beacons
Web pages may contain an electronic file, called a web beacon, that allows a web site to count users who have visited that page or to access certain cookies. We use web beacons within our network in order to count users and to recognize users by accessing Global Soft Technologies cookies. If cookies are rejected by the end user, the web beacon tracking technology will still operate but will not be able to link a specific browser’s activities from one session to another session.
If you choose, you may opt-out from the collection of the information referred to (in a & b) above by disabling cookies, however in doing so this may affect your ability to make use of all types of functionality that the website provides.
Note: This opt-out applies to a specific browser rather than a specific user. Therefore you will need to opt-out separately from each computer or browser that you use. Additionally, the opt-out applies to web beacons only and not to other tools and cookies used by Global Soft Technologies.
3. Promotions and sweepstakes
From time to time, we may sponsor or host promotions and sweepstakes where we collect information about you. Use and sharing of this information will be disclosed in promotion and sweepstakes rules or on the page where you sign-up.
4. IP addresses and information specific to your computer
We log IP information when you visit our Sites. In addition to this information, we collect information that your computer’s browser automatically reports to us such as information about your operating system and browser version. When your web browser or email application requests a web page or email from another computer on the Internet, it automatically gives that computer the address where it should send the information. This is called your computer’s “IP address.” (IP stands for “Internet protocol.”) For most users accessing the Internet from a dial-up Internet service provider (ISP), the IP address will be different every time you log on.
We receive IP addresses from all users because this information is automatically reported by your browser each time you view a web page. It is, however, possible to trace the user with the assistance of the ISP.
IP addresses may be used for various purposes, namely to:
* provide targeted advertisements and personalized services to users based on their IP address;
* review fraudulent activity;
* diagnose service or technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific web company or ISP;
* provide analytics with respect to users from specific countries or regions of the world;
* log a request on our servers when a Global Soft Technologies web page is requested and viewed, with information including the IP address of the computer that requested the page.
II. Information Sharing and Disclosure
Global Soft Technologies has implemented reasonable technical and organisational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure. However, the nature of the Internet is such that information may flow over networks without appropriate security measures and may be accessed and used by unauthorized persons.
Please note that we may also share information in the event that we are asked to respond to court orders or other legal processes, or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
We may update this policy from time to time. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by placing a prominent notice on this site.
The Sites are not targeted at children and are not intended for use by children under the age of 18.
The provision of information about you is entirely voluntary and you have the right not to provide information, although this may affect your use of the Sites, or Global Soft Technologies products or services.
Subject to applicable law you have the right to receive certain information as to whether or not information about you is collected and processed by Global Soft Technologies and to obtain a copy of such information that is sought. You also have the right to require that information, where appropriate, be erased, blocked or made anonymous (although this may affect your use of the Sites, or Global Soft Technologies products or services or to have data updated or corrected.